Wednesday 30 November 2016

What is 'The Year of Living Gamegerously'?

Recently, the nicest man on the internet, Robin Tate, realised that he had an embarrassing problem and needed to share it with us all. It was, in fact, a problem and condition that affects many of us.

No, not that problem, you dirty so and so!

Robin, like myself and many others, is a gaming magpie. Some shiny and new video game comes along and all memories of past purchases disappear.

This leaves us with the dreaded 'pile of shame'. A pile which is becoming bigger and bigger, due to the immediacy of digital purchases. And the sad thing is, not only is it a waste of money, but often we're missing out on some really great games.

Then Robin shared this challenge:

Is that pile of shame getting you down?

Are you pressing the buy button just because you can?

Not finishing what you’ve bought before moving onto the next?

If this is you then it’s time you were Living Gamegerously.

Join up. Become part of YOLG. Your game collection NEEDS YOU! 1st Dec 2016 – 1 Dec 2017

Don’t collect, complete.

List your dirty 30.

Budget and budgnot.

30 all done?

Time for new fun.



I've accepted the challenge!

From 1st Dec 2016 to 1st Dec 2017 I have set myself a limited budget of £100 for any game purchases - this is to cover not only the hotly anticipated Read Dead Redemption 2, but also any other surprises.

I also have a list of 30 games that I already own to challenge myself to complete in this year, my Dirty 30!

If I complete my list of 30 games then I'll be moving onto my 'additionals' - purchasing games will not take place again outside of my budget until Black Friday weekend 2017!

I will be updating this blog regularly on my progress and the games I am playing.

Also I'm thinking of starting to stream some of my gaming over Twitch - links will be supplied!

No comments:

Post a Comment